What makes slippery decking so dangerous?
Why decking becomes slippery.
• A build up of algae on the timber is a common cause
• Rotting vegetation and autumn leaves are contributing factors
• All these things are made worse by damp environments, with little sun
• Colder, longer winters also bring snow and ice
• Decking must be cleaned 2 to 3 times a year to keep your deck safe
Slips and falls can be expensive!
• Average payouts for slips and falls as follows
• Serious hip or pelvis injuries: £2,175 – £76,350
• Severe knee injuries: £15,500 – £56,000
(Figures from National Accident Helpline 2011)
The solution – for OLD / existing slippery decking
• Specify RetroGrip® ant slip inserts, for grooved decking
• A unique retrofit anti-slip solution, for existing slippery decking
• Extremely hard wearing – fits most grooved decking profiles
• Low profile, will not ruin the aesthetics of your decking
• Featured on BBC Radio 2 Innovation Slot
Why specify a GripDeck® product?
• The Original Anti-Slip Decking designers
• GripDeck® 5/10 Year Anti-Slip Technology Warranty
• Specialist resins and anti-slip aggregates
• Quality & Price Pledge
• Trust GripDeck® – The anti-slip innovators
Technical helpline / websites / demo videos and samples
For more information on GripDeck® and our innovative range of specialist anti-slip products
• Telephone our Technical Helpline 01206 242 494
• View our product pages
• or www.retrogrip.co.uk